The SOUL

The SOUL
THE SOUL

SHARE YOUR STORIES

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another sad day for surfing.

Bobby Owens just sent me this message. Harold was someone who Bobby spoke a lot about in my film as he shaped some of Bobby's best boards. While filming Bobby when he would see a photo of himself on his red Harold Iggy board he would light up like a kid as the board gave him so much stoke. Here is Bobby's kind words of his friend.

RIP Harold.


My friend, mentor and shaper for nearly 40 years, Harold Iggy, died of an apparent heart attack today while testing new boards with Rick Naish off Lanikai today. Needless to say this is a huge loss to me and especially for his family and the countless surfers, paddlers, sailboarders, who have been inspired from his amazing designs. Aloha Harold and thanks for everything you've done for me. It's too much to say here in this short space!


No comments: